Cassie + Jamie
We love Oregon weddings. And this one was nothing short of amazing. Anytime the day begins with the couple taking a drift boat ride down the Rogue River, you know it’s an ‘Oregon Wedding.’ That’s exactly what Cassie+Jamie did. They stayed true to their wedding day priorities and it showed in their film:
- As a couple: keeping true to their relationship and their day…and realizing that it is just a day… keeping the meaning very close to their hearts.
- Family: travelled from Wyoming, Washington, Chicago, etc. They wanted to show them a trip they would remember…fishing during the week prior, games, etc.
- Fun: live music (Johnny Cash cover band), dancing (no techno allowed), simple and good drinks & food (BBQ and locals brought their best wedding dish)
- Simple: They didn’t do things to impress others or for the sake of doing/having them. Every decision was made with purpose and more importantly left out with purpose.
- Time: A late afternoon wedding to avoid the heat….
- Theme: Rustic, casual yet classy, country
Cassie said before the wedding that Jamie was inspired when she Lonesome Dove with him… one of her favorites. She said he wanted to be US marshal for the day. And as you’ll see in the film, Cassie was able to make this happen for him.
Below are a few frame grabs from the video: